Wednesday 15 May 2013

Growing like a weed

This weekend I have given myself the task of putting away all of Phoenix size 2 clothes and putting out the size 3 clothes. Her pants are too short ("Pretend they are capris" Husband helpfully suggests), her belly is hanging out of her shirts and her pyjamas are getting too small. My peanut, who is still not a great eater, seems to be growing like a weed.

I am constantly in awe of the perfection of Phoenix's body. She is long and lean. She has beautifully shaped arms and legs, and the cutest little bum. The ratio of her trunk to her limbs is balanced. Her head is even beautifully shaped. She is perfectly proportioned. All of this is possible, even with the presence of an extra chromosome. I am in awe that I created something so perfect, especially concerning how I feel about my own body. I am large and shapely, to be nice to myself. I have lumps and bumps in places I would prefer not to.  I have large bones and gigantic feet. I am not in any way perfectly proportioned. Yet I created a child who is.

So this weekend we are putting away the old, and taking out the new. The winter boots and snow suit are finally packed away, and the summer clothes and dresses are being busted out. Spring is here baby, and I have a little one growing like a weed!

No comments:

Post a Comment